Wednesday 12 December 2012

Game Concept Document Idea

For our last document we have to think of a concept for a game. Struggling for ideas as I haven't played many action/adventure games recently mainly just The Sims and Forza Horizon, Pete suggested I think of a god game. I looked into this and liked the idea of doing something a bit different, but I haven't really played a god game and kind of don't see the point in them..

I do like a similar genre though which is turn-based strategy games. Trying to think of new ideas for a turn-based strategy game though was hard as it has all been done before, but while researching, I did look into construction games a little bit like SimCity which reminded me of when I was a kid and I loved playing Theme Park World for PlayStation. Thinking more and more about Theme Park World inspired me to create a different strategy game with unusual environments that would be fun and appeal to children. Thinking about gameplay I thought it could be simplified like Civilisation Revolution so anyone can play it and I also wanted it to be available on multiple platforms as snobby PC-only rules of pretty much all strategy games, I think, turns people away from the genre, even if they have a good PC.


Unique Selling Points
·         Interesting Levels
·         Simplified Gameplay
·         Available on multiple platforms

No comments:

Post a Comment