Thursday 13 December 2012

Art

Using Photoshop and a font I downloaded called Gretoon, I made a simple cloud logo for the game. It's not the best looking logo but I'm happy with it and it shows the type of art style I'm looking for.
After creating the logo, I went on to make the Front End. I made my canvas 1920x1080 as a good represtentation of widescreen. I used the same font on the menu options but this time I didn't edit the stroke, on the logo, I had to make each letter seperate so every letter had it's own stroke. As the logo is clouds, it seemed obvious the make some big hills and have the background as a sky. I struggled with the hill shading but it was needed and looked odd without the shading.
 

 
I then turned the Front End into an A4 background for my document. I adjusted the canvas size and the sizes of my layers to create the page. For the first page, the logo is big and centred (as I had trouble adding a .tiff to Word), for all the other pages the logo is in the top right corner. Having a background makes my document look a lot more professional and it was very easy to do, it only took a few minutes to adjust the Front End image.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment